DEADLINE EXTENDED: DECEMBER 31, 2017 at midnight.
The National Girls and Women of Color Council, Inc. is holding open submissions for personal stories, poems, essays and other short stories to be featured in an upcoming anthology, Our Voices Our Stories: Advancing, Celebrating, Embracing and Empowering Girls and Women of Color. Editors, Dr. Julie Jung and Dr. Donnamaria Culbreth.
This anthology is a fundraiser of the National Girls and Women of Color Council, Inc., with all proceeds from the anthology going to the National Girls and Women of Color Council, Inc.
We are interested in well-crafted submissions that focus on advancing, celebrating, embracing and empowering girls and women of color psychologically, emotionally, physically and socially. It is through these submissions that we hope to bring awareness, courage, empowerment, and greater solidarity for girls and women of color.
- No work may be more than 2500 words. Word Count: Essays and short stories, 500-2500 words and poems should not be more than 50 lines. Please watch your word count. Submissions over the word count will be disqualified for this anthology.
- The work must not have appeared in print or online anywhere before.
- All submissions must be written in English, include a cover letter containing word count and writing credits.
- Each author may submit up to three (3) unique works.
- Works must be submitted electronically in Microsoft Word format, Times New Roman 12 point font and double spaced.
Submissions should include author biographies not to exceed five single spaced lines and may include links to personal websites.
Submission Timeline NEW EXTENDED DEADLINE
May 15, 2017 through December 31, 2017 (midnight) with a targeted publication date of June 2018.
Submit documents to: Anthology@ngwcc.org
On behalf of the National Girls and Women of Color Council, Inc., thank you for your support and submissions.