NEW TALK RADIO SHOW FOCUSES ON THE VOICES AND VISIBILITY OF GIRLS AND WOMEN OF COLOR.
New Jersey, December 17, 2017. The National Girls and Women of Color Council, Inc. (NGWCC), in collaboration with Complexity Talk Radio, Inc. have joined forces to produce a new weekly talk radio show titled “Visibility.” The purpose of Visibility is to begin and continue a much needed dialogue in a national forum designed specifically for girls and women of color.
According to executive producer and host of Complexity Talk Radio, Inc. and founder of NGWCC, Dr. Donnamaria Culbreth, “Visibility will discuss issues, concerns, question and focus on developing unity among us, for us and by us because our voices are important and must be heard. Visibility will bring awareness to the plethora of issues relative to the psychological, emotional, physical and social well-being and growth of girls and women of color.”
Visibility will launch in February of 2018 with a one month special series celebrating Black History Month titled “We Are Our Sisters’ Keepers: Black Girls and Women Empowering Each Other in the Millennium Talk Radio Series.” Beginning in March of 2018, Visibility will air regular live shows and interviews featuring various guests on Wednesday of each week at 8:00 pm EST on Complexity Talk Radio, Inc.
Guests will be recruited via Calls for Talk Radio Show Guests and will include:
- Scholars and researchers to share their research, publications, initiatives, etc. about girls and women of color
- Authors, bloggers, playwrights, writers and publishers to discuss and share publications and blogs
- Educators to discuss issues in the K-12 and higher education sectors
- Entrepreneurs to discuss business, trends, new ventures, opportunities and more
- Mothers, grandmothers and other relatives to discuss, question and share
- Advocates, trailblazers and torchbearers to discuss advocacy for girls and women of color relative to race, color, gender, pay, employment and legal issues among other topics
- Health professionals to discuss and educate about physical and mental health
- Politicians to discuss issues, concerns and initiatives
- Organizations created for girls and women of color
- Economists to discuss socioeconomic issues, etc.
- Fashion designers, beauty and hair consultants
- And more…
According to Dr. Julie Jung, co-host of Visibility and co-founder of NGWCC, the mission of Visibility is to “advance, celebrate, embrace and empower girls and women of color worldwide in a forum accessible to everyone, at any time and any place – it’s called on demand listening. The voices of girls and women of color must be heard not just on a local front but on the national and international fronts because girls and women of color are often not included in main stream dialogues and conversations and their unique needs and experiences are often ignored. Visibility will give girls and women of color a voice and visibility!”
Dr. Culbreth noted, “we are trailblazing a path as torchbearers. We are at a crossroads, if we do not take a stand now and ensure that the voices of girls and women of color are heard throughout the world, then how will their unique needs and experiences ever be addressed realistically? It is now or never! We are using our platforms to be a part of the change needed by beginning the dialogue in a forum of this kind.”
NGWCC will begin a campaign for continued sponsorship of Visibility. Listeners will be able to listen live via telephone, computer or mobile devices using Complexity Talk Radio’s mobile application. Listeners will also be able to call during each show to ask questions, comment or share. Links to each live show will be available on the websites, blogs and social media accounts of Complexity Talk Radio, Inc. and NGWCC.
To appear as a guest on Visibility please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact us for show topic requests: